Monday 10 March 2008

Time will tell

Moonie got out the Tarot Cards last night, after not touching them for over 10 years.... the last time she did a reading the results were way too accurate for comfort. I didn't ask her why, or why now - I trust her in these things. Time and time again I've been shown that the eldrich streak in her is real, so I went with the flow.... It was a fairly simple spread, one card to represent me, one for the past, one for the present, and one for the future. Before we started, Moonie said "Don't get freaked if you get the Death card, because I think that you will." Hmmm...

I'm not going to go into Moonie's interpretation, or mine, but it was very spooky..... the spread was as follows:

1st Card: The Chariot (Me)
Triumph over adversity, overcoming life's obstacles, decisiveness and ambition in achieving one's goals, well deserved victory. A period of struggle ending in worldly success. Self control, effort, perseverance. Working within the boundaries of one's life to build up a successful existence.






2nd Card: Death (The Past)
The beginning of a new life. As a result of underlying circumstances transformation and change. Major changes. The end of a phase in life which has served its purpose. Abrupt and complete change of circumstances, way of life and patterns of behaviour due to past events and actions. Alterations.






3rd Card: The Emperor (The Present)
Competitiveness, forcefulness in development and execution. Authority, structure, governmental and corporate identities. Worldly power, self control gained through experience. Ability to shoulder responsibility. Powerful individuals, ambition together with the possibility of long term achievement.






4th Card: The Lovers (The Future)
Harmony and union, choices to be made using intuition and not intellect. Difficult decisions to be made not necessarily about love. Some form of test and consideration about commitments. Abstract thought, internal harmony and union, second sight. Possibly a struggle between two paths
For those who follow such things - all of the cards were upright...
Do I believe? Not necessarily. Do I find it interesting? Yes. Am I slightly spooked? Definitely. Time will tell on this one...
*Images borrowed from www.paranormality.com

1 comment:

Matt said...

Interesting²

I didn't know Moonie had that skill/gift. Fascinating². I've had opertunity to have readings before, never known anyone I would trust enough to be given the power to potentially freak me out for years. (so therefore not done) It scared the geebus out of me and yet fascinates me. Stunning results.