Sunday 9 March 2008

Small Victories..

Sometimes it's the little things that make you smile. Yesterday I decided to bin my subscription to Sky. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth amongst the little people, but that was to be expected. I have, in fact tried to cancel Sky before, but somehow when I put the phone down I was still a subscriber, albeit with a cheaper package. So this time I was fully expecting to get the full scripted sales job again. True to form, as soon as I mentioned cancelling my subscription I was transferred from Mumbai to Scotland, where a warm caledonian voice seemed genunely hurt that I wanted to leave. The script kicked in, and when I was asked why I was leaving I simply said that I was watching too much tv. Cue a slight pause "Er.. em.... ok then." Seems that this isn't a standard response covered by the scripts. Result.

Friday saw one cancelled meeting and one delayed meeting, resulting in much frustration. Frusration resulting in too much wine, resulting in a hangover on Saturday. Way to go.

But, in the spirit of "keep on keeping on" another meeting due this afternoon.. Sunday working - who'd have thought it?
<< >>
Well, meeting over and it finally looks like we've got a little traction with interesting developements coming out of left field... optimism is finally moving up the scale into positive values.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Bravo on ditching Sky. Less power to Murdoch's elbow for one, more power to creativity and the family|unit.

We've been without tellygog feed for over a year now and it has enhanced out life|unit no end.

Sure, there are bits I miss(d). Eg Nature programmes, decent drama, films and the odd doc - things like that, but we grab them on DVD now and choose when and what to watch. We're in charge, not the 'the man' we've stuck it, to the man as far as telly goes.

Huraah. Well done yourself. good move.