Saturday 8 December 2012

Well, here I am again. But why? Today, an image came to me, of a time some 32 years ago. It was at the head of a valley in the North York Moors, near Dalby, a summer evening. I remember that when I rode my motorbike over the crest of the hill, I looked down into the valley and the smoke form the chimneys of the half dozen or so cottages was sleepily rising straight up.. a night without a breath of wind. A warm summer evening, with nothing to distract but a warm touch of air as I rode down the lazy zigzag road to the valley floor.. I bought a motorbike that night, a BSA 250 Starfire, when all of my friends were buying Yamahas or Hondas. I don't really know where I'm going with this, other than to say that there are perfect moments -times when the world and the mind conspire to make a memory so perfect that it fells like a chapter from a favourite book. These jewels exist, and more than that, have an existence that make life worth the living.  Yes, the example I have given is a little asinine, a little trite, but this is because it is just that - an example. The real jewels won't be shared, won't be spoken of here. They will be wrapped close to my heart and squeezed into my soul...and those who matter will be there.

2 comments:

Matt | DragonDrop.org said...

Poignant. I'd not spotted that you'd put your head above the precipice again. I'm glad you did. I think you should.

Now, about that captcha thing that I've got to jump through..

DragonDrop said...

Paintmonkey says, "tell him... you should be this. Dumping your brainfarts, don't use the word brainfarts, into this"