Tuesday 15 April 2008

AS TON ISH ED


I wouldn't say that I'm particularly wise, but as to being astonished - yes. Astonished that I've actually enjoyed 2 days work for the first time in years. Astonished that my boys are growing up so fast. Astonished that I can be so lucky yet feel so sad. Astonished that people can't see through me. Astonished that I can be loved. Astonished that time is stretchy. Astonished that I still have the capacity to love. Astonished that I still have the chance. Astonished that I haven't blown it. Astonished by giraffes. Astonished by the audacity of some people. Astonished by talent. Astonished by the fact that we are all different. Astonished by rainbows. Astonished by myself. Astonished by those who love me. Astonished by the worlds in peoples heads. Astonished by the amount of wine I drink. Astonished that I seem to be getting older. Astonished by the fact that something is finally going right. Astonished by the fact that I haven't realised it'll all turn to dust.

3 comments:

daren said...

astonishing.
dont be astonished, its a silly word that doesn't look right when written over and over again...and anyway you're a capable and talented fella with a wealth of experience. nothing astonishing about that, just reassuring that you're on the team... :)

the future's bright, the future's blamange.

drn
x

Vapourtrail said...

That lovely piece of urban art is (was) very near my house...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonbleasdale/300166786/

Astonishing.

Matt said...

I am also Astonished by giraffes.

Astonished Astonished Astonished. It looks feels and sounds 'odd' when repeated but I quite like. [not a silly word.. the word 'silly' is a silly word]

Barbra Streisand Barbra Streisand Barbra Streisand Barbra Streisand Barbra Streisand Barbra Streisand .