Wednesday 5 March 2008

"Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits"

A cancelled meeting, an unexpectedly empty morning. Today I was supposed to go to the heart of industrial West Yorkshire for a meeting that would kick off the first of my projects - arranging the fullfillment end of the distribution business that I'm setting up. But it didn't happen. With so much on my plate you'd have thought that a bonus morning would be welcome, but the frustrating thing is that there is little that I can actually do - before I can do (A) I have to do (B) and before I can do (B) I have to do (C) and so on... so I'm sitting on my arse again, imagining the money draining away and waiting for other people to do their thing before I can do mine. Despite yesterday's rush of bravado regarding the screen play that I'm writing I don't feel that I should be doing that when I should be doing something productive that would put food on the table, so here I sit, honing my task avoidance skills. Bloody audacious of me really, when I'm responsible for the feeding and well being of a wife, two boys, a cat and seven fish. Down to it then - there's johnny foreigner to talk to this afternoon, possible beers this evening, a ton of research to do, all the washing up lurking in the kitchen, and emails to write. I think that I'll have a cup of tea. Tally bloody ho.

2 comments:

Matt said...

you could always eat the fish.

Rev_Dino said...

Or the cat..I'm told they taste like chicken.