Tuesday 11 March 2008

My hat is knocked off, but I put it on again.

Bit of a setback today - the game design that we've been working on for the last few months seem to be redundant... a major US publisher has just announced that they have what amounts to the exact same game in development. Bugger. It looks like we weren't the only other people to put 2 and 2 together and get 4. A real kick in the guts. We have other game designs in production, but this was the one that everyone agreed was going to be the money spinner. If I was feeling positive I'd say that the fact that the publisher has decided to develop the game vindicates our approach, and that there is always room for one more game in a new genre. That's what I would say if I was feeling positive, but it seems like my pessimism is vindicated more than anything else. The little voice inside is saying "See? SEE? I told you it'd all turn to shit."

So I have the rest of the week to stew on it..... let's see what I can pull out of the fire... other than burned fingers.

No comments: